Help your team learn how to influence others and become more effective negotiators
Negotiating can often take on a negative connotation, especially when it comes to business. But with the right tools and techniques, your team can learn the subtle art of using a negotiation to positively influence others.
With Influencing and Negotiating, your group will work with a professional facilitator to hone their negotiation and communication skills. This session can also help your team learn how to sway others to see their point of view, without becoming emotional.
What to expect in your session
In your Influencing and Negotiating session, your group will learn how to enter into a negotiation feeling comfortable and confident, before tackling interactive exercises.
Length of Session: Half Day
- The Objective of Great Negotiating
- How to Remove Emotion from Negotiating
- Six Bad Negotiation Habits
- Three Tools to Improve Your Negotiating Skills
“Are you able to work with our other divisions? They could really use this session as well. Thank you for delivering exactly what we needed.”
~ Power, Minneapolis, MN
What's included in your session?
In addition to your half-day skill development session, you will receive:
- Pre-Session Work – Your facilitator will work with you to gain a comprehensive understanding of your organization, culture, goals, and any specific issues your group may want to address.
- Interviews with Key Stakeholders – Through a series of telephone interviews with up to five participants, your facilitator will ensure that your session aligns with key stakeholders’ expectations.
- Customized Agenda & Content – The Ignitor team will prepare the agenda and content for your session so that it speaks your company language and achieves your desired learning objectives.
- Hard Copies of Session Material – Each participant will receive a handout package of key slides and any relevant material for the session.
- Post-Session Support – All participants will have access to your facilitator’s number and email so that your group can reach out regarding any questions that may come up after your session.
How your group can benefit from influencing and negotiating
Here are just a few key advantages your team can take away from an Influencing and Negotiating session:
- Become More Influential – Discover negotiation tactics that can help your team win advocates both inside and outside of your organization.
- Hone Your Skills – Your facilitator will help your group uncover the best ways for you and your team to use a negotiation to influence others to see your position.
- Learn How to Create Win-Win Outcomes – Discover strategies that can help you “expand the pie” when negotiating with colleagues or customers.
- Avoid Common Mistakes – Become aware of the top bad negotiation habits that you and your team may be susceptible to when communicating with others.